Entering a timecard is quick and easy with Greenslate.
Step 1: Click TIMECARDS under Payroll on the left.
Step 2: Click CREATE TIMECARD.
Step 3: Choose the Week Ending Date and Primary Position from the drop down menus and click CREATE. NOTE: Your Primary Position is the position you are filling out the timecard for. Don't see your position? Continue filling out the timecard and add a Note on the next page in the Notes section.
Step 4: Choose the Work Location from the drop down menu or select I DON'T SEE MY WORK LOCATION if it is not available.
Step 5: Fill out your timecard accordingly.
Columns on your Timecard:
- Actions: You can use the Copy/Paste feature to enter the hours for one day, then copy and paste them to another day(s).
- Worked: If the actual times do not have to be entered, you can check the Worked box to mark that you worked that day. (You can enter your hours in the Hours column if you like.)
- Date: Days of that week's timecard.
- Position: The position you worked that day.
- Day Type: Work, travel, vacation, etc.
- In: Start of work day.
- Lunch: Start/end and meal penalty (MP) if applicable.
- Dinner: Start/end and meal penalty (MP) if applicable.
- End: End of work day (wrap).
- Hours: Total hours for the day.
Times can be entered in military time or by using AM and PM.
Step 6: In the Additions section, check off the boxes for any additional forms you'll be submitting with your timecard.
Step 7: Use the Notes section to make any notes for your employer and click SUBMIT NOTE. For example:"My position wasn't listed."
Step 8: Verify your Total Hours are correct.
Step 9: Click SUBMIT.
NOTE: You also have the option to save a draft of your timecard if you are not ready to submit your hours by clicking SAVE DRAFT.
Step 10: Upon submitting your timecard, a window will open in which you can sign by holding the left mouse button if you are on a desktop computer or with your finger if you are using a mobile device. Once you sign your timecard, it will become read-only for your employer. If your employer notices any changes that need to be made, he/she will reject the timecard back to you with notes.
If you've made a mistake on your timecard, you can access your timecard again by clicking VIEW from the Timecards page and then click EDIT to make changes. This option is only available if your timecard has not yet been approved by your employer.