- Test your internet and, if needed, set up wireless internet hotspots. Internet or cellular access is needed to submit and approve timecards. Providing accountants in a production office a dedicated ISP account is also highly recommended. To check your internet speed, visit speedtest.net. We recommend that your minimum upload and download speed is not lower than 5 Mbps. If your internet speed is slower than this, we recommend setting up wireless internet hotspots on set.
- Use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to run the GreenSlate app.
- Download our desktop app and request GreenSlate check stock for on-site check printing.
Setting up and managing your approval flow:
- Utilize conditional approval flow steps. If someone on production only wants to approve transactions of a certain dollar amount or higher, request to use a conditional approval flow step so that the user does not have to approve all transactions.
- See where a document is in the approval process by clicking on ‘Pending’ in the ‘Approval’ columns. This is the quickest way to see who still needs to take action on an outstanding document.
- Adjust the approval flow at any time! If your approval flow has too many or too few steps, needs additional approvers or approvers removed, just let us know and we’ll make that update for you in minutes.
Onboarding and start work:
- Send us any forms that employees need to submit in addition to the I-9, W-4, and start form. We can set them up to be completed digitally so that you can capture all the information you need, all in one place.
- Start onboarding ASAP! Use prep days for department heads to complete and familiarize themselves with digital start work, and let the crew know in advance that you’re going digital. All required start work must be submitted and approved before an employee can submit a timecard. (Please note: Loan Outs need to complete their start work via paper.)
- Once you have employee email addresses, invite employees to the project. Getting employees set up early allows for questions to be addressed ahead of time. (Please note: Employees must have an email address to be invited.)
Managing and approving payroll:
- Customize your views to organize your data to manage employees, start work and timecards. Check out how to customize your views.
- To approve the payroll preview, all timecards in a batch must be fully approved. If you’re notified that the preview is ready but the ‘Approve’ button isn’t clickable, a timecard in your batch is still pending. Once approval is complete, you’re ready to print, mail or pick up your checks! Direct deposit payees receive automatic payment notifications and can download their vouchers from within the app!
- Grant crew members access to create and submit POs, PC and CP envelopes. If crew members are not submitting transactions, department heads can also submit for their whole department.
- Grant department heads access to approve POs, PC and CP envelopes. Using Divisions, department heads can be given access to approve transactions submitted in their department, which ensures the transactions go through the correct approvals before reaching Accounting.
- Use a stylus to capture AP check signer signatures on mobile before the first AP check printing. To ensure that the signature looks legitimate and will be accepted by the bank, check signer(s) should use a stylus. When they approve their first bill payment, the checks will be ready to print with their saved signature.
- Use Bank Accounts to set up your check ranges. If you’re using a mix of auto/manual/wire/ACH payments, set up your check ranges in Bank Accounts and you’ll never have to worry about adjusting your check numbers when submitting a bill payment.
- Use Manage Codes to enable and add codes ASAP - such as location/episode codes, set codes, and free field codes, to use on your transactions so you can code your transactions as soon as they’re entered. These codes will also be available for timecards.
- Require document uploads/EINs on vendors. If crew members are given access to submit vendors for POs/bills/check requests but you only accept vendors that have W-9s or EINs, we can enable a setting so that a crew member is required to upload the W-9 and/or enter an EIN when submitting a vendor.
- Use a placeholder account for transaction submissions. If crew members often ask what account to use when submitting a PO/bill/check request, add an account to your chart of accounts called “Placeholder Account” for them to use. Approvers/accountant(s) will be able to update the account coding as needed.