1. Internet or cellular access is needed to submit and approve start work and timecards.
If your production is in a remote location, test your internet and, if needed, set up wireless internet hotspots. INTERNET ACCESS TIP: To check your internet speeds, visit speedtest.net. We recommend that your minimum upload and download speed is not lower than 5 Mbps. If your internet speed is slower than this, we recommend setting up wireless internet hotspots on set.
2. Use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to run our application.
We do not support Internet Explorer.
3. Capture all the information you need, all in one place.
Have additional forms other than the I-9, W-4 and start form that the employee needs to submit? Send them our way and we can set them up to be completed digitally.
4. Start onboarding ASAP!
Use prep days for department heads to complete and familiarize themselves with digital startwork, and let the crew know in advance that you’re going digital.
5. Once you have employee email addresses, invite employees.
Getting employees set up early allows for questions to be addressed ahead of time. (Important: Employees must have an email address to be invited to the project.)
6. Loan Outs need to complete their start work via paper.
Download the PDF from the ‘Loan Out’ tab within the ‘Project Start Work’ page and send the completed form to your paymaster to enter the employee for you. Once their start work is submitted and approved, invite Loan Outs to enter timecards using this quick process.
7. All required start work must be submitted and approved before an employee can submit a timecard.
8. Use custom views to organize your data to manage employees, start work and timecards.
Check out how to customize your views.
9. To approve the payroll preview, all timecards in a batch must be fully approved.
If you’re notified that the preview is ready but the ‘Approve’ button isn’t clickable, a timecard in your batch is still pending. Once approval is complete, you’re ready to print, mail or pick up your checks! Direct deposit payees receive automatic payment notifications and can download their vouchers from within the app -- no paper!
10. Download our desktop app and request GreenSlate check stock for on-site check printing.
11. See where a document is in the approval process by clicking on ‘Pending’ in the ‘Approval’ columns.
This is the quickest way to see who still needs to take action on an outstanding document.
12. Adjust the approval flow at any time!
If you find that your approval flow has too many or too few steps, needs additional approvers or approvers removed, just let us know and we’ll make that update for you in minutes.